So...
I started a new job last week! When they called and offered me the position I must be honest and say that I was relieved...I was relieved and not excited about it until the morning I began working. Its still a positive thing!
Its been pretty interesting so far. Mostly a lot of information being thrown around right now, but once I get things I realize its not quite as hard as I thought it was. The thing that is definitely going to be the hardest for me is all the freaking SITTING! My back has been getting angry at me for all the sitting and sitting, then walking for 15 seconds to the bathroom, then sitting, then walking 15 seconds back to my desk...then sitting. I am not earning many Weight Watchers Activity Points at my place of employment. Let's just say that. Its a pretty cool set up and I'm eager to see where the coming weeks take me!
On another note, we have began production on Othello at the theater. I am taking the job of Assistant Director very seriously and I'm not sure how that's being received, yet. haha I am so excited to see how this show evolves. It has some very promising potential to be a hugely fantastic and successful show this season. Opens in April so plan on being there!
Ok, so the most influential thing that I can take away from this past week is what God is trying to teach me in the likes of ...Patience. The moment I think I have things pretty close to calm, I have a twitchy, ADHD adult next to me in my training class that sucks his water out of his water bottle each time he drinks out of it followed by a gaspy, smacking sound each time he puts it back down, taps constantly on his keyboard, desk and/or chair arms, and repeatedly adjusts his office chair-loudly. I have to remind myself each morning and each time I come back from my lunch break that its my job is be kind and loving towards him. It doesn't mean I have to like him! I have to chant it to myself like its some kind of spell for making him silent. Like, maybe if I repeat it enough it will activate some kind of cosmic mute button.
I also have a young lady that makes outbursts during each activity that we do in class. Everyone knows when she gets something wrong...and when she gets something right! It can be frightening at times when you're really focused on what your doing and the rest of our class is being very quiet. Then, "AW! How'd I miss that?!"
Oh, well.
Regarding other matters, I have mixed these lessons with other important little reminders that God has been, apparently, sending my way. In other aspects of patience and also with jealousy I have been tested. I actually realized at one point that while I was denying that I was jealous of a situation, I was describing being jealous as what I was feeling. It was quite the 'revelation.'
I keep reading in Ryan and I's studies to be quiet and to trust that there is a plan. It makes so much sense when you're there in that moment and you think, "Oh, yes. This was written for me for today-I needed this," but when you move on with your day and you're faced with some some small (or huge) obstacle its been conveniently forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment