My husband and I took a Babymoon trip to Tennessee a few weeks ago. We wanted to take the opportunity to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary and spend some quality time together before Baby G arrives. So at 4 1/2 months pregnant, on a road trip we went.
It really wasn't so bad to be in the car for so long. Ironically, we had to stop more so my husband could pee and not myself. I had never paid attention to how much my husband is constantly eating and drinking something in the car, before. Hmm..Anyways, we had a lot of fun. We annoyed each other with music on the road, and complained about 18-wheelers. We ate dinner in Memphis and saw Beale Street full of life. We strolled in Nashville and watched the sunset over downtown. We got to Gatlinburg a lot later than we thought and narrowly survived the winding roads to our mountain cabin. It was great!
I started to notice after day three of our vacation that I was no longer able to bend straight forward in the car. I didn't think I was much bigger but it was these subtle differences that had me beginning to question how much I really was growing. It didn't feel like much of a difference until people on the street started asking when I was due and then guessing the gender of a baby that would likely never know. It was as though overnight, or nights, an extra throw pillow grew under my shirts!
I'm writing about this because all I've ever heard about Trimester number 2 is that it's usually a breeze. They aren't wrong. You're not quite as tired anymore, or an least I haven't been, but you're energy does wear down at an incredible level if you hike up a mountain at 6,644'. You don't get sick quite as easily during the day, but I have been fortunate enough to not have morning sickness very badly. I just really didn't have anything to go off of, though, besides "its a breeze."
Well, let me tell you, it is. It is a breeze.
Here's a little story for an example, ok?
Here we are on a romantic vacation together. We are surrounded by beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains and looking around downtown Gatlinburg. We decided to visit a museum in downtown, which was perfect because it was raining and I was tired of being rained on. It was a museum of a car collection of celebrity vehicles and cars from tv shows and movies. A little 'touristy' but, hey we are in a tourist town. There's two levels of vehicles, its pretty cool! We get upstairs and I see James Dean's cursed car, get excited and ask Ryan to take a picture of me with it. He takes a photo and walks on. We were sort of being followed another couple that started walking through the museum at the same time. They were a younger couple, very attractive. They couldn't have been together very long-who knows. Ryan was looking at the car used as Bumblebee. It was only a short walk away. The young couple was in front of me and I walked behind them to stand next to my wonderful husband. I stood there for a second with my loving husband as he looked at the car, when out of nowhere a brash, reverberating noise startled the two of us. "My God! Was that YOU," my loud husband shouted. I looked around to find the younger couple scurrying away from us and hurrying on with the museum. I had farted so loud, everyone in the vicinity could clearly hear it. I just ...came out! I looked down at my belly and said, "BAD BABY!"
Here's the deal, you will experience gas that you cannot control in your 2nd Trimester...apparently. I fart so much now, its ridiculous. I burp after drinking water. You will also start to have to pee a little more often than you're used to but nothing too crazy. Just the other day, there was so much grunting and farting in our living room that my husband resigned himself to saying that it doesn't bother him anymore and that he now has a pretty good idea of what it would be like to be married to a dude.
This is the ugly truth that no one tells you about your 2nd Trimester and I thought you should know.
Its hilarious if you have a partner like mine, but it can be startling at first.
The more you know...
No comments:
Post a Comment