Friday, December 13, 2013

A Tree Frog and a Duck.

The only time I have put make up on since Monday morning is to put show makeup on for, y'know, the show.  This is truth.  Ryan ended up staying home Monday because he wasn't feeling well and by Monday evening he was running a small fever.  By Tuesday morning, we were both feeling slightly like death and running fever of an average around 100 to 101 degrees.  Then, the coughing began.  I said, "bye," earlier as Ryan left for work and, literally, sounded like a cross between a tree frog and a duck.

I am currently typing this without the use of my face.

In last night's performance, I sounded like a man in certain points within the show but we all made it work.  It was fun even though it was definitely a challenge.  Its times like those that I get to rediscover what I love about my craft. 
Its a challenge all the time.  I love it because it is a challenge and that there is never a singular performance like any of the others.  I love how each character evolves through a rehearsal process.  I love how I can learn new things about myself through each character I play.  Last night I even discovered a couple of new things to use for my character which is cool!  No, Zorah is not going to sound like a frog.  Well, she might but its not on purpose!  Anyway, I am glad I got back in the game.  And I so happy that Ryan is being so great about being a 'theatre widow' during all of this.  He is so supportive and proud and I love him!



No comments:

Post a Comment