It was fun! Its the first time we've really done something for New Year's Eve together before. In the past, we've stayed home or been at my in-law's house which isn't bad but its not really the same, you know. We met some people at the party and got invited to their table. It was crowded, as expected, so service was slow but we had a great time! We walked home just fine.
The last time I had a hangover I had a flight to catch that morning and it was a nightmare. I threw up in my best friend's backseat after throwing up several times in our hotel room. I slept through the flight so it wasn't too bad, but I then threw up in the car ride home from an empty stomach. Needless to say, it was not pleasant. For anyone.
New Year's Day wasn't that bad but it wasn't pleasant either. Ryan said, "I need to go get chorizo. I will not survive today without it." So, he left to go get two of us the most unhealthy breakfasts imaginable while I stayed home, nursed a headache, and made mimosas. I got Fuzzy's big nachos while Ryan got a couple of chorizo and egg tacos with rice and beans. All good stuff! It has magical hangover healing powers.
We set up a card table in the living room, and frantically ate our breakfasts while watching the Rose Parade. I was
At this point, my husband looked at me in utter worry and confusion. He stared at my face with such an intensity I grew increasingly concerned. I asked what was wrong and he didn't answer. Just stared. "Holy crap! What is wrong!?! You are freaking me out," I shrieked! "What is growing out of your ear," he asked? I said I didn't know. Ryan looked at my ear with terror as he poked at it. "There is something...white...sticking out of it!"
I yelled for him to get it out and he wouldn't touch it. He began to laugh in a nervous way. I slowly worked up the courage to touch my ear. Carefully, and expecting the worst, I raised my index finger and felt something...soft? "What is IT?!" Ryan stood up. "I don't know," he said. I reached in my ear with determination. I scooped it up in my fingernail. I looked at my hand.
Cheese. Cheese! There was a huge wad of cheese sticking out my ear. In my animal-like consumption of my hangover breakfast, I had managed to put food all over my face and...into my ear. After scrapping all the of it out of my ear (this took about four tries) I found some in my hair and a little bit of beef remnant on my lower cheek. After the initial gross-out period, my husband could finally look at me again. It took about 30 minutes before he could look at me without asking me something about my ear, cheese, or without laughing.
Anyways, the honeymoon is over. He has officially seen me in all of my worsts. We are some super classy people.

No comments:
Post a Comment